Study in New Zealand

Tuition Fee and Living Expenses:

Tuition Fee:

Tuition fees in New Zealand varies from NZD $ 10,500 which is equivalent to Rs. 3, 60, 000 to NZD $ 22,000 which is equivalent to Rs. 7, 60, 000 (both calculated @ Rs. 34).

Living Expenses:

Living expenses in New Zealand for an international student are roughly NZD $ 8,000 which is equivalent to around Rs. 2, 75,000. However, the living costs would vary from one student to the other depending upon their spending habits.


Legal Work in New Zealand:

During Studies:

While you’re studying in New Zealand, you can work for up to 20 hours a week during the academic year if you are studying full-time on a student visa at NZQA approved university or education provider and:

• On a course that takes at least two academic years to complete; or
• On an approved, full-time tertiary student exchange scheme that is at least one year; or
• Engaged in a full-time course of study for a minimum of 6 months where the primary purpose of the course is to develop english language skills and you have an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall band score of 5 or above.

You may also work full-time during the Christmas-New Year holiday period at the end of each academic year if you’re studying a course which is 12 months or more in duration.

Post Studies:

If you have finished a New Zealand course that has a minimum completion time of three years, you can apply for a temporary work visa. Or, you may qualify for points under the Skilled Migrant Category.

If you don’t have an offer of employment, you may apply for a Graduate Job Search work visa (WD2) which will allow you to work for up to 12 months. Please be aware that if you want to be eligible for a Graduate Job Search work visa, you have to apply no later than three months after the end date of your student visa for that qualification. You will also have to show evidence of a minimum of NZ$2,100 available to maintain yourself during your 12 month stay in New Zealand.

If you have an offer of employment, relevant to your qualifications, you may apply for a 2 year* Study to Work visa (WD1) (The official name of this work visa is: Practical Experience After Completion of Studies Visa)

Universities we represent:


Waiariki Institute of Technology, Rotorua (NZ Govt. Institute)


Design & Arts College


Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology, Nelson (NZ Govt. Institute)


Institute of Applied Learning (IAL, Auckland)


The University of Sydney


International Pacific College


Bay Of Plenty Polytechnic, Tauranga (NZ Govt. Institute)


Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology, Nelson


Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin (NZ Govt. Institute)


New Zealand College


Western Institute of Technology at Taranaki (WITT), New Plymouth


Kingsland Institute of New Zealand


Queens Academy, Auckland


New Zealand Tertiary College


MFH International, Wellington


Natcoll Design Technology (Christchurch)


Bethlehem Tertiary Institute, Tauranga


Newton College of Business & Technology


Auckland Institute of Studies


New Zealand School of Travel & Tourism


AWI International Education Group (Auckland)


New Zealand Academy of Studies (NZSE)


Bay Of Plenty Polytechnic, Tauranga (NZ Govt. Institute)


Kiwi Institute of Training and Education (KITE)


Crown Institute of Studies (Auckland)



Note: 'Most of the institutions mentioned above are through direct tie-ups. However, some of them might be through indirect tie-ups. In any case, Horizons Abroad would make sure you get the right information about all these institutions. Please contact our expert career counsellors for the right institution and right course for you'.